WaterStart requests proposals from water technology companies to solve immediate demands for innovation by our members. If you are a company that is ready to prove their ability to scale-up by solving one of the priorities below, please apply!
- Portable Chlorine Analyzers for the Distribution System
- Removal of Entrained Air in Well Water
- Creative Backflow Prevention Enclosures
- Critical Spares Management
- Environmental Compliance Management
- Disinfection Byproduct Management
- Intrusion Detection and Response
- Automated Spillway Debris Management
If your company has a technology solution to one of these priorities, we would like to learn more!
Deadline for submission: Sept 1, 2019
Evaluations completed by: Sept 27, 2019
Summary and Background:
WaterStart is a innovation accelerator for utilities and large consumers dedicated to the implementation of technology that result in more, safer, cheaper water. We are in search of technology providers with novel solutions to specific priorities ready to be proven through large-scale pilots. If you’re a tech company ready to scale-up by working with globally recognized customers with opportunities to enter new markets by solving imminent challenges in water, please apply.
The priorities listed above represent the collective needs among WaterStart members committed to installing innovative water technology solutions. Proposals should address one or more of these specific priorities. Grants are awarded on a competitive basis and range from $25,000 to $150,000.
To view more details related to the above priority descriptions and submit a proposal to this RFP, an account with WaterStart’s online knowledge-sharing platform, Channels for Innovation must be created. To create an account, follow these steps below:
1. Navigate to https://waterstart.com/
2. In the upper-right corner you will click on “Become a Member/Login”
3. Click “Sign Up” and then select “I Am a Tech Provider”
4. Fill in basic email and company information to create an account
Once the account is created, access to the Channels for Innovation platform will be available. Through this platform, technology companies will be able to see and reply to all RFP’s that WaterStart releases.
To respond to this RFP continue to follow these steps:
1. Click on “RFPs” and find the open RFP that you are responding to (Round 13)
2. lick on “Learn More”
3. Click on “Submit RFP”
4. Answer the 10 questions and upload any supplemental information. Supplemental information must not exceed 5 pages in length.
5. Click on either “Save Draft” to complete later or “Submit RFP” to submit your response
Criteria for judging applications will be based on:
1. Degree of technology’s alignment with listed priority
2. Stage of technology readiness
3. Degree of shared risk
4. Economic development (economic return on investment) – examples include: the number of jobs created, licensing agreements, local manufacturing sources, local “office” established