WaterStart requests proposals from water technology companies to solve immediate demands for innovation by our members. If you are a company that is ready to prove your ability to scale up by solving one of the priorities below, please apply!
Drinking Water Priorities
- Low-cost, system wide, leak detection for regulatory compliance.
- Water quality management for fauna in dam spillway plunge pools.
- Alternatives to reinforced concrete roads that have a lower greenhouse gas footprint, are designed for Heavy Goods Vehicle loading, and provide a durable long-term solution.
- Soil measurement techniques to monitor carbon captured and nutrient availability.
Commercial Building Priorities
- Technologies for increasing water use efficiency in cooling towers.
- Technology alternatives to conventional evaporative cooling.
Please note! Supporting technical and business information can be found on CHANNELS and H20 Tech Connect. User registration instructions can be found below.
About the WaterStart Program
WaterStart offers an innovation program for utilities and large consumers dedicated to the deployment and adoption of technology that result in more, safer, cheaper water. We are in search of technology providers with novel solutions to specific priorities ready to be proven through pilots.
The priorities listed above represent the current needs of WaterStart’s international membership base. International applicants are required to address one (or more) of the priorities above in their proposal. Following a competitive selection process, WaterStart will award grants ranging from $25,000 to $100,000 to assist with the deployment of projects (i.e., pilots) with member agencies. Subsequently, results captured from projects are regularly showcased to our global network to enhance collective learning and collaboration opportunities.
If you’re a technology company ready to scale-up by working with globally recognized customers with opportunities to enter new markets, please apply today!
“WaterStart has opened doors for us with potential clients that we could never achieve on our own. The support we have received has enabled STAR Water to refine our technology offering to better suit heir utility members needs in an environment that is conducive to innovation and enterprise. Along with a willingness to promote best practice, WaterStart is a willing partner to unlocking utilities of the future!” – Christopher Rochfort, CEO of STAR Water Group
How to Learn More and Respond to this RFP
Step 1: Setting Up a H20 Tech Connect Account
To view more details related to the above priorities and submit a proposal to this RFP, solution providers must first register at H20 Tech Connect and create an account. H20 Tech Connect, built in partnership with the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California, is WaterStart’s technology recruitment tool.
To create an account, visit WaterStart’s website at https://waterstart.com/ or click Submit RFP on the right hand side and follow these steps below:
- In the upper-right corner, you will click on “Become a Member/Login”
- Create your user name and password.
- You will then receive an email to verify your account. CHECK YOUR SPAM!
- Once verified, you will be prompted to sign in using your details.
- You now have access to view and respond to open RFPs.
Step 2: Submitting a Proposal on H20 Tech Connect
- Click on “RFPs” and find the open RFP that you are responding to.
- Download and complete the “RFP Response Form.”
- Answer the questions and upload any supplemental information. Supplemental information must not exceed 10 pages in length.
- Submit all proposals to email@example.com. Proposals submitted after the RFP closing date will not be reviewed, unless granted an extension.
Criteria for judging applications will be based on:
- Degree of technology’s alignment with listed priority
- Stage of technology readiness
- Degree of shared risk
- Degree of implementation risk
This is a unique opportunity for your business to showcase its products and services. Don’t miss out!