WaterStart requests proposals from water technology companies to solve immediate demands for innovation by our members. If you are a company that is ready to prove your ability to scale up by solving one of the priorities below, please apply!
- Anti-theft of Backflow Prevention Device
- Lessons-Learned Digital Platform
- Smart Air Valves for Rising Mains
- Locating Failure of Rising Mains
- Extracting Value from Biosolids
Please note! Supporting technical and business information can be found on CHANNELS. User registration instructions can be found below.
About the WaterStart Program
WaterStart offers an innovation program for utilities and large consumers dedicated to the implementation of technology that result in more, safer, cheaper water. We are in search of technology providers with novel solutions to specific priorities ready to be proven through large-scale pilots.
The priorities listed above represent the collective needs of WaterStart’s international membership base. International applicants are required to address one (or more) of the priorities above in their proposal. Following a competitive selection process, WaterStart will award grants ranging from $25,000 to $150,000 to assist with the deployment of projects (i.e., pilots) with member agencies. Subsequently, results captured from projects are regularly showcased to our global network to enhance collective learning and collaboration opportunities. For more information about our program, please refer to attachment ‘RFP Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
If you’re a technology company ready to scale-up by working with globally recognized customers with opportunities to enter new markets, please apply today!
“WaterStart has opened doors for us with potential clients that we could never achieve on our own. The support we have received has enabled STAR Water to refine our technology offering to better suit heir utility members needs in an environment that is conducive to innovation and enterprise. Along with a willingness to promote best practice, WaterStart is a willing partner to unlocking utilities of the future!” – Christopher Rochfort, CEO of STAR Water Group
How to Respond to this RFP
Step 1: Setting Up a CHANNELS Account
To view more details related to the above priority descriptions and submit a proposal to this RFP, an account with WaterStart’s online knowledge-sharing platform, Channels for Innovation must be created. To create an account, follow these steps below:
1. Navigate to https://waterstart.com/
2. In the upper-right corner, you will click on ?Become a Member/Login?
3. Fill in basic email and company information to create an account
Once the account is created, access to the Channels for Innovation platform will be available. Through this platform, technology companies will be able to see and reply to all RFP’s that WaterStart releases.
Step 2: Submitting a Proposal on CHANNELS
1. Click on “RFPs” and open Round 21
2. Click on “Learn More”
3. Click on “Submit RFP”
4. Answer the questions and upload any supplemental information. Supplemental information must not exceed 5 pages in length.
5. Click on either “Save Draft” to complete later, or “Submit RFP” to submit your response.
Basic Evaluation Criteria
Criteria for judging applications will be based on:
1. Degree of technology’s alignment with listed priority
2. Stage of technology readiness
3. Degree of shared risk
4. Degree of implementation risk