Extension to RFP20 submission deadline may be granted on a discretionary basis. To request a late application, please contact email@example.com.
WaterStart requests proposals from water technology companies to solve immediate demands for innovation by our members. If you are a company that is ready to prove your ability to scale up by solving one of the priorities below, please apply!
- Remote control and actuation of water distribution line valves (line/sluice/butterfly) 🇬🇧
- Drone Data Management 🇦🇺
- Extension of radio frequency coverage in tunnel environment 🇺🇸
- Consolidation of asset and process data across the wastewater network 🇬🇧
- Smart monitoring of sludge blanket levels in the wastewater system 🇬🇧
Please note! Supporting technical and business information can be found on CHANNELS. User registration instructions can be found below.
About the WaterStart Program
WaterStart offers an innovation program for utilities and large consumers dedicated to the implementation of technology that result in more, safer, cheaper water. We are in search of technology providers with novel solutions to specific priorities ready to be proven through large-scale pilots.
The priorities listed above represent the collective needs of WaterStart’s international membership base. International applicants are required to address one (or more) of the priorities above in their proposal. Following a competitive selection process, WaterStart will award grants ranging from $25,000 to $150,000 to assist with the deployment of projects (i.e., pilots) with member agencies. Subsequently, results captured from projects are regularly showcased to our global network to enhance collective learning and collaboration opportunities.
If you’re a technology company ready to scale-up by working with globally recognized customers with opportunities to enter new markets, please apply today!
Please note, RFP Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) attachment can be found under ‘General Information’ (right-hand side box).
How to Respond to this RFP
Step 1: Setting Up a CHANNELS Account
To view more details related to the above priority descriptions and submit a proposal to this RFP, an account with WaterStart’s online knowledge-sharing platform, Channels for Innovation must be created. To create an account, follow these steps below:
1. Navigate to https://waterstart.com/
2. In the upper-right corner, you will click on “Become a Member/Login”
3. Click “Sign Up” and then select “I Am a Tech Provider”
4. Fill in basic email and company information to create an account
Once the account is created, access to the Channels for Innovation platform will be available. Through this platform, technology companies will be able to see and reply to all RFP’s that WaterStart releases.
Step 2: Submitting a Proposal on CHANNELS
1. Click on “RFPs” and open Round 20
2. Click on “Learn More”
3. Click on “Submit RFP”
4. Answer the questions and upload any supplemental information. Supplemental information must not exceed 5 pages in length.
5. Click on either “Save Draft” to complete later, or “Submit RFP” to submit your response.
Basic Evaluation Criteria
Criteria for judging applications will be based on:
1. Degree of technology’s alignment with listed priority
2. Stage of technology readiness
3. Degree of shared risk
4. Degree of implementation risk