RFP19 is now closed. If you missed our deadline and wish to apply, please contact our team via firstname.lastname@example.org to request an extension to submit a proposal. Please note, extensions are granted on a discretionary basis.
WaterStart requests proposals from water technology companies to solve immediate demands for innovation by our members. If you are a company that is ready to prove your ability to scale up by solving one of the priorities below, please apply!
- Treatment and recovery of flushed water
- Prevention of the theft of fuel from diesel tanks and potential ground contamination
- Internal bonding of steel pipelines
- Lining of existing 24” or greater diameter pipelines
- Automated dosing in sewage treatment for septicity
- Treatment of PFAS in wastewater
- Treatment of Microplastics in wastewater
Please note! Supporting technical and business information can be found on CHANNELS. User registration instructions can be found below.
Summary and Background
WaterStart offers an innovation program for utilities and large consumers dedicated to the implementation of technology that result in more, safer, cheaper water. We are in search of technology providers with novel solutions to specific priorities ready to be proven through large-scale pilots.
If you’re a tech company ready to scale up by working with globally recognized customers with opportunities to enter new markets by solving imminent challenges in water, please apply!
The priorities listed represent the collective needs of WaterStart members committed to installing innovative water technology solutions. Proposals should address one or more of these specific priorities. Grants are awarded on a competitive basis and range from $25,000 to $150,000.
How to Respond to this RFP
Step 1: Setting Up a CHANNELS Account
To view more details related to the above priority descriptions and submit a proposal to this RFP, an account with WaterStart’s online knowledge-sharing platform, Channels for Innovation must be created. To create an account, follow these steps below:
1. Navigate to https://waterstart.com/
2. In the upper-right corner, you will click on “Become a Member/Login”
3. Click “Sign Up” and then select “I Am a Tech Provider”
4. Fill in basic email and company information to create an account
Once the account is created, access to the Channels for Innovation platform will be available. Through this platform, technology companies will be able to see and reply to all RFP’s that WaterStart releases.
Step 2: Submitting a Proposal on CHANNELS
1. Click on “RFPs” and open Round 19
2. Click on “Learn More”
3. Click on “Submit RFP”
4. Answer the questions and upload any supplemental information. Supplemental information must not exceed 5 pages in length.
5. Click on either “Save Draft” to complete later, or “Submit RFP” to submit your response.
Criteria for judging applications will be based on:
1. Degree of technology’s alignment with listed priority
2. Stage of technology readiness
3. Degree of shared risk
4. Degree of implementation risk